Posted by: Mitch Stevens in iPhone apps - 7$, tags: games, ios games, iPhone apps, iphone games
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a classic open world action game that first appear on consoles and PCs, and the company behind the violent adventure game has brought it to mobile devices. It's a lot to take in, so you should be aware beforehand that the $6.99 takes up a lot of space. We'll get into that in a second, but for now, take a look at the game itself.
GTA: San Andreas plays much like all the other GTA games, so if you enjoy the other games by RockStar, you will enjoy this as well. The game starts on a bicycle as you assume the role of a young thug. You need to jack a car to get around without getting caught by the cops or killed by other gangsters. From there, there's a long list of missions and exploring that takes places. The controls are a bit hard to use but I'm sure after playing a while they will be fine.
The App Store listing says you will need around 2 GB to download it. However, my iPhone 5 was showing I had almost 3 GB available and the game still wouldn't download. I kept getting the pop-up saying there was not enough room, so I removed several apps to get over 4 GB free and it started the download. It didn't use all the space but for some reason it needed it to begin the download.
Here are the features as they are listed in iTunes.
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
- Enhanced for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
- Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers.
- Cloud save support for playing across all your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
- Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
Watch the video below to get a look inside the game and how the controls work.