Posted by: Pece Andonoski in Jailbreak News, Video, tags: iOS Beta 2, jailbreak, Video
Apple released an iOS 6 Beta 2 and yes you can jailbeak it. How to jailbreak iOS 6 beta 2? Check the video tutorial after the break.
Note: You must be a developer to download iOS 6 beta firmware. You will need the iOS 6 beta 1 firmware in order to jailbreak iOS 6 beta 2. This only works for A4 devices and below, i.e. iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th generation, and iPhone 3GS. This is a tethered jailbreak.
- Install iOS 6 beta 2.
- Place your device into DFU mode.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.13dev 1 and open it.
- Click Extras > Select IPSW > and point to your iOS 6 beta 1 firmware.
- Go back to the main screen and click Jailbreak. Make sure Install SSH is checked. This jailbreak does not install Cydia.
- Once the jailbreak has finished, place your device back into DFU mode, and go back to Extras > Select IPSW, and again point to your iOS 6 beta 1 firmware. Once identified, select Just boot from the Extras menu to perform a tethered boot.
That’s it. Enjoy your jailbroken iOS 6 beta 2 installation.
Download latest redsn0w from the iPhone Dev Team Blog.