Posted by: Pece Andonoski in How To / Guides, Jailbreak News, Jailbreak guides
Great news unlockers! iPhone hacker called Loktar_Sun discovered and released a method for unlocking the iPhone using Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package.
Check the video tutorial after the break.
This method was confirmed by iPhone Dev-Team member MuscleNerd. He announced on Twitter that he successfully unlocked his iPhone 4S.
Sam Bigner confirmed that the unlock method using SAM also works for iPhone 4. We can expect new version of SAM that will make this process easier.
Note: This method will work only for one SIM, if you want to use multiple SIM cards you must perform the unlock with each SIM individually.
What do you need: A jailbroken iPhone that can be activated in iTunes (that is, not officially blacklisted), a computer with the latest iTunes installed and working internet connection. You will also need to know the carrier that your iPhone is locked to.
- Install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package. I recommend that you get it from repo.bingner.com since older versions have a different interface and may not work for this purpose.
- Enter SAM by either going through the settings menu or find the SAMPrefs icon on your springboard. You will need to have the SIM card you intend to use in your phone.
- Go to utilities and select “De-Activate iPhone”, your ActivationState under “More Information” should now be “Unactivated”
- With SAM enabled, choose “By Country and Carrier” in “Method”; find your carrier, for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select “SIM ID”; easy to tell since iTunes will not activate if the wrong IMSI is selected.
- Go to More Information”, copy or write down the IMSI in “SAM Details”, then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
- Go back to the main SAM screen and change your “Method” to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string we saved in Step 5.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and allow iTunes to do its job (namely re-activating your phone), double click “Phone Number” parameter at the main device screen and make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card. If not you need to start over from Step 1.
For more info visit our iPhone Modding / Jailbreak section.