The world’s most popular creative tool launched today on the App Store. Photoshop Touch is only compatible with the iPad 2 for now and features a host of familiar features, as well as some new ones.
Priced at $9.99, the app can be used independently or as a companion tool to those with Photoshop on their desktops. It also adds social features so you can upload images you create right to Facebook.
Things to keep in mind, it only works with the iPad 2 and requires you are running iOS 5. Also, images are limited at the moment to 1600 by 1600 pixels.
Here’s the release from developers iTunes page:
“Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more – all from the convenience of your iPad.
• Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
• Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
• Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
• Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
• Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
• Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
• Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
• Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
• Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels”
So if you want to comp your head onto Ryan Gosling’s body on the go, now you can. Grab it here.