Posted by: MASMedia in Jailbreak News, Jailbreak guides
Thanks to our very own “Professor for putting together this guide for jailbreaking your iPhone 4s using the Windows OS. We’ve also included a video.
Please follow these instructions at your own risk.
1) Download CLI tool for windows to your downloads folder - (Files attached to this post), then extract the folder to your download folder.
2) There should now be a folder called: “cinject_0.4.3″
3) Connect your iDevice to your PC with a USB data cable.
4) Open up CMD, right click and run as administrator and type (Without ” quotes) “cd downloads”
5) Then type: cd cinject_0.4.3
6) Next type this command cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig
7) On your device, click on install, and when prompted to type in a password, just click next, with no password in.
8.) Now back to the PC and type this command: cinject.exe -j payloads
9) Just wait, might take some time.
10) Now type this command: cinject.exe -w
11) On your device toggle the “VPN” switch on in the settings, after a few seconds it should say “error”, this is ok
12) Now reboot your iDevice. Cydia should be installed.
If you do not have Cydia installed, you will need to repeat all steps from step 4.
Here’s a video to help guide you through the process. (courtesy of idownloadblog.com)