Posted by: Phat^Trance in How To / Guides, iPhone apps, iPhone apps (Cydia), iPhone News, Jailbreak guides, Jailbreak News
Heres a guide on how to fix Cydia problems or error that u may get while using Cydia on jailbroken iPhone / iPod Touch. Enjoy!
Identify the Problem:
This is probably a good place to start ... follow the steps to see if you can determine the problem with your Cydia:
2) Type the following:
3) Read the error message.
Sometimes just running the update command will fix the issue!
Cydia Crash on Load:
2) Navigate to the /var/lib/apt/lists/ folder.
3) Delete everything EXCEPT the partial folder.
Another possible fix is to SSH into root/private/ect/apt/sources.list.d and remove all entries except saurik.list.
This will delete all your manually added repos. (Thanks to neyzcorp for this fix)
Cydia Won't Add a Repo:
There are very few possible explanations, here are a few:
1) The repo is down, check the forums for more information.
2) You typed it wrong, many people forget to put the / at the end of a repo url.
3) You aren't connect to a network ... pretty self explanatory.
A common error message would be Bzip2 error or the fact that a source is not functioning correctly.
IF A REPO ONLY ACCEPTS ONE DEVICE PER ACCOUNT YOU WILL GET THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ADD MORE THAN ONE DEVICE (our repo is like this)
If you cannot remove the source from Cydia or the problem persists, try this:
2) Navigate to the /etc/apt/ folder.
3) Backup the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file.
4) Edit the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file with a text editor and remove the entry related to the problematic source.
Crash After "Reloading Data":
If Cydia is crashing after the Reloading Data message then try this:
(If you don't have terminal installed, use terminal through SSH)
dpkg --configure -a
I am unsure that this is a valid fix but if you try it let me know the outcome please.
Package Header Error:
If on startup, Cydia says there's an error with package headers do the following to fix it.
1) Open terminal and type:
dpkg --a configure
2) Respring just to make sure it reloads the data.
Icon is not Visible:
If your Cydia icon disappeared after you installed a new package and restarting doesn't get it back, follow these steps:
2) Copy the icon.png to your computer.
3) Delete icon.png from the device
4) Respring and a basic, white icon will appear for Cydia.
5) Copy the icon.png back to /applications/cydia.app
6) Respring and the normal icon should be there.
Cyder is a progam for your computer that downloads and transfers packages/sources to your device.
It also has other useful feature which may fix problems such as clearing the cache.
To get it go here:
A New Cache Fix:
If you are having problems with the cache and want to clear it try this new tool. There are 2 things you must install first though.
1) FixCydiaCache here - download
2) afc2add package from Cydia
To fix the cache you must:
1) Load FixCydiaCache and connect your iDevice to the PC
2) Click on the only button that says “Fix My Cydia Cache!”
If you can't find a fix for the problem and you really want it fixed, then try reinstalling Cydia.
2) Type the following commands:
apt-get remove cydia
apt-get install cydia
Another method of reinstalling Cydia is:
2) SSH the package to /var/mobile on your device.
3) Open Terminal and type the following:
dpkg -i cydia.deb
4) Reboot (twice sometimes)
If none of the above worked then you will be forced to rejailbreak ... there is no other way!
[Thx NastyBen for the guide]