Posted by: Phat^Trance in iPhone News, iPhone apps, iPhone apps - 8$, iPhone apps - Free
The 4.6 “final version” of the best sms application for iPhone got released today.
You love your iPhone as much as we do? You text all the time? Want more features? Then biteSMS is for you, with lots of extra features like Smileys, Quick Reply, Quick Compose / Quick Call, Privacy, a Character / SMS Counter and much more!
You can use biteSMS as a replacement to the built-in Messaging application, and send messages via your mobile carrier as you normally do. Or, if your mobile carrier charges a lot for sending SMS messages (say texting to overseas), you can buy credits and send them via the biteSMS network instead, which can be much cheaper.
Changelog after the break….
Version 4.6 Changelog:
- Scheduled SMS – Ability to schedule an SMS message for a future date and time, say your partners Birthday!!
- For Quick Compose, you can now configure your “Button Display Order”, “Displayed or Not” and “Gesture” preferences for the existing Open, Call and Send buttons.
- For Quick Compose, you can now also configure a “Close” button and remove the Red X icon if you prefer.
- The Quick Compose Button configurations mentioned above can also be tailored in Quick Reply as well.
- Completely redesigned the privacy settings screen, so privacy outcomes are now much clearer and are also implemented properly.
- The camera icon (3G only) is now used as a quick launch method for adding Photos, Smileys, Templates and Add Contact details.
- On the biteSMS icon, we now show a failed ! symbol if a message has failed to send in the last week. This may mean that when you first upgrade to this release it will not be easy to locate any indicated failed message, so simply ignore it for a few days till you have a base line.
- Added new graphic icons to the biteSMS pop-up sub-menu (the one with Smileys, Templates etc).
- Added support for the Apple “Repeat Alert” feature. So this feature now works in biteSMS as well.
- In settings, if you have purchased biteSMS credits, we now show the expiry date of the credits. Applies to new credit purchases only (for existing credit purchases simply use the “Restore >” option to update this expiry information).
- For an incoming call, Quick Compose will now not appear if you press the volume key (to silence the incoming call) in lock mode.
- If your mobile carrier supports sending an SMS to an email address (and it currently works for you in the biteSMS application) this will now also work in Quick Compose as well. So, it’s quick and easy to send yourself an email reminder!
- Added new setting for Quick Compose and Quick Reply to enable / disable the CLOSE action for the hardware home button.
- If you locked your iPhone while biteSMS was running, then upon unlock it would restart (to ensure conversations were synchronized). This has now been reworked and thus biteSMS no longer restarts itself.
- Fixed issue where some users did not get the badge on the biteSMS icon being updated correctly after using Quick Reply.
- When biteSMS is invoked to compose a new message (say from the Contacts app) for a specific recipient, this did not work with the backgrounder application. This now works.
Name: BiteSMS| Download from: Cydia, via bigboss repo | Price: Free (trial) / Full version: 8$