Posted by: Phat^Trance in How To / Guides, Jailbreak guides, iPhone News
Here's a guide on how to install and uninstall .deb files on your jailbroken iPhone / iPod Touch.
How to Install (Method 1) :
- SSH your iPhone and go to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall Copy the .deb file there and that just reboot your device. If Autoinstall folder is not lying in /var/root/Media/Cydia then you can create it yourself.
How to Install (Method 2) :
- SSH into iPhone – using iPhoneTunnel if your on Windows , Cyberduck if your on MacOS.
- Copy .deb file into tmp folder
- Quit Cydia if its running
- Hit Ctrl+T in WinSCP and run the following command : dpkg -i /tmp/name.deb ( just to make sure : you replace name.deb with the actual name of the deb file )
- After installation, you can delete the .deb file
How to Uninstall :
To uninstall the .deb file simply uninstall the app you installed via .deb file. You can use Cydia, Icy or Cydelete to uninstall from sprinboard too.
[Thx Daniel for the info]