Posted by: Phat^Trance in How To / Guides, Jailbreak News, Jailbreak guides, iPhone News
Heres an guide on how to jailbreak your iPod Touch with 3.1.2 firmware. Please read these instructions carefully and if you are experiencing any problem with the jailbreak you can always restore your old iPod Touch backup file by connecting your iPod Touch to iTunes. Don’t forget to backup your data before jailbreaking.
Jailbreak your iPod Touch at your own risk, you may damage your phone
1. Backup your iPod Touch via iTunes
2: Download Blackra1n from here (Click on the windows logo or the apple logo depending on your OS to download the files)
3. Connect your iPod touch to your computer and open the blackra1n application.
4. Click the make it ra1n button.
5. blackra1n will now put your iPod Touch in recovery mode and display the above image of Geohot. While in recovery mode, blackra1n will jailbreak your iPod touch. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE
6. Once blackra1n is done jailbreaking, your iPod Touch will reboot and you should see the blackra1n icon on your iPod touch screen.
7. Tap the blackra1n icon to open it. You have the option of installing either Cydia, Icy, or Rock ( i recommend you to install Cydia). Select the applications you would like to install and then click the Install button to install them.
Your iPod Touch is now jailbroken! Welcome to the darkside